Liang Ze Wong
My current interests are in category theory and Hopf algebras. Specifically, I’m interested in monads, monoidal categories, bicategories, and manifestations of Hopf-algebra-type structures in such categories. I’ve also recently begun learning about model categories and $\infty$-categories.
I used to write simple snippets of code for this site, mostly in Python/Sage. Nowadays, I spend more time playing around with string diagrams. If I have enough time and motivation, I might post some stuff about string diagrams here someday.
- 2014 - Present: University of Washington, Seattle
- 2012 - 2014: Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore
- Fall 2010: Budapest Semesters in Math
- 2009 - 2012: Cornell University
- L.Z. Wong, H.L.Chen, S.W.Lin and D.C.L. Chen, Imputing Missing Values in Sensor Networks using Sparse Data Representations, ACM MSWiM 2014.
- L.Z. Wong, T.Q.S. Quek and M. Padilla, An Ordinal Potential Function for Network Selection in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, IEEE ICASSP 2014.
- L.Z. Wong, Irredundant Generating Sets of Finite Nilpotent Groups, senior thesis, advised by R. Keith Dennis, 2012.
My first name is Liang Ze, but many people call me “Zee”. I have also been known to respond to various combinations of the following:
- Wong (Family/last name)
- Liang (Generation name)
- Ze (Given name)